Why Buy Handmade? Five Fast Reasons!
Ever think about buying handmade clothing? Maybe you’ve always wanted to, but just haven’t gotten around to it yet. Well, time to get on it (no pressure though)! Here are five quick reasons to buy handmade:
- It’s sustainable! When you buy handmade, you’re getting a one-of-kind piece, not a cheap mass-produced item. Also, you’re likely to hold on to it for awhile, rather than wearing it like once and then ripping it and having to toss it.
- It’s unique! Ever worry that you’ll show up at a party or event and some other chick will be wearing the same dress as you? Yeah, buying handmade can help you avoid that.
- It’s supportive of small/local businesses! By buying from a handmade artisan, you’re supporting his or her craft and livelihood.
- It’s cost-effective! Sure, maybe you’ll spend more initially on something handmade rather than something from Forever 21 or H&M. But since handmade items are higher quality, you’ll get more use out of it, which saves ya in the long run.
- It’s sweatshop-free! Mass-produced clothing tends to be manufactured in sub-standard conditions. By buying handmade, you’ll know that your clothing was produced ethically.
Well, there you go! Why do you buy handmade? Is it one or more of the reasons listed, or do you have other reasons? Let us know in the comments!